Sometimes we get so caught up in pictures, we don’t even know anything about the people we follow or why we follow them on social media. Trust me, I do it too. Some of you have been following me for a while and if you’re new, welcome! I wanted to take a moment to share some things about me that you might not know.
- I’m Bosnian. I was born in Bosnia (Zenica) and speak Bosnian fluently. I’m
hopingforcing Liam to learn the language. My family and I immigrated to the US when I was 7 years old due to the war in Bosnia.
- Married with a baby. Jeff and I will be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary on October 18th. We had a barefoot beach wedding in Cabo San Lucas with 65 of our nearest and dearest friends and family. We’ve been together for almost 12 years total, we started dating when we were both 19. Do the math and you’ll also know how old I am. Liam joined the party 18 months ago, and Jeff is convinced that he needs a brother or sister yesterday.
- I want(ed) 3 kids. That is of course until I had one. Lol. No but seriously, I always dreamed of having three kids and now I think I’ll be content with two. But we’ll see. Kids are no joke, they are hard work + also (obviously) very rewarding.
- My father passed away. I lost my father almost 4 years ago to the swine flu. You never imagine the flu taking someone’s life until it happens to your family. I’m currently working on a blog post about dealing with loss, but I can’t seem to get more than a few sentences in at a time without bawling uncontrollably and having to stop. This is still so very fresh in my heart.
- I’m a Stay at Home Mama. And I wouldn’t want it any other way. There’s no greater feeling than being able to watch your babies grow up day in and day out.
- I have one older sister. My sister Merima and I are four years apart, we fight hard but love harder. She’s my best friend and gave me two of the biggest blessings in my life. My niece and nephew. People often ask if they are my kids because they look like me and well…we’re inseparable.
- Rosé obsessed. And I will usually drop everything to meet up for apps and glass of wine. And when you’re a stay at home mom, it’s never too early. Miraval Rosé is my favorite and Costco has the best prices. Go stock up.
- Clean freak. You can come eat off my floor or any surface in my house at any given moment. You can blame or thank my mama for that. I thank her!
- I’ve gone skydiving. 3 times. And all in the same place in Honolulu. I wouldn’t do it again though, for some reason I got more and more scared every time and last time I told myself I would never do it again. But I would highly recommend it if you’ve never gone.
- Balance is Key! I’m a true believer that balance and moderation is key to anything in life. I’m not into fad diets nor do I believe in them. When I want pizza I’ll eat pizza, but then the next day I’ll have a salad and I’ll work out. And that goes for everything in life.