WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 4 big heirloom tomatoes peeled + cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 (15oz) cans of plain tomato sauce
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 carrots peeled + chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp of rosemary
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley chopped
WHAT TO DO:
- Heat olive oil in a big pot and sauté garlic, onion and carrots for about two minutes.
Add tomato pieces to pot and sauté for about 5 minutes until tomatoes are soft.
OPTIONAL STEP: if you like the mixture to be a little smoother use a potato masher at this time and mash the tomatoes up a little bit. Skip this step if you like a chunky sauce.
- Add ground beef to tomato mixture and keep breaking up into small pieces until cooked through.
Season the meat mixture with oregano, rosemary, salt + pepper.
- Add tomato sauce + red wine to the mixture and stir well until it’s all combined and cook on medium until sauce starts to bubble.
Turn down heat to medium-low, cover and let the sauce simmer for about an hour.
Stir in fresh chopped parsley right before serving over your favorite pasta.
Thanks for stopping by!