This being my most requested dessert at any friends + family gathering, I figured I should share the recipe for you all to enjoy. Yes it’s that good and will be gone before you know it, so sometimes I make two just so there’s enough for leftovers. This recipe is also very different from my usual “healthier” or “healthy(ish)” versions of my favorite foods. It’s all about balance and sometimes I like to have my cake and eat it too.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, separated
- FOR DECORATION: Whipped cream, raspberries, fresh mint leaves, lemon or orange slices and powdered sugar.
WHAT TO DO:
1Stir together the first 4 ingredients. Press mixture into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom (Linked Here) and set aside.
Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, orange juice concentrate, fresh lemon juice, and egg yolks until blended.
Beat egg whites at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form; fold into condensed milk mixture. Pour into prepared crust.
Bake at 325 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let cool completely on wire rack the chill in fridge for at least 4 hours. Remove tart from pan, place on a serving dish and decorate.
Thanks for stopping by!